MY TOP 5 MASCARAS – How to get the best lashes of your life
This post contains affiliate links marked by a ‘*’
I know it’s all about false eyelashes right now – but I just simply can’t get on with them. I struggle with the application and I struggle even more with their transformative aspect: I feel they wear me rather than me wearing them. See the effect I always want to go for is natural, so when I get a compliment like “oh your lashes look insane” – I cringe and immediately think, “everyone can tell they’re artificial.” The good news for people like me, is that the following batch of mascaras deliver some impressive ways to lengthen, thicken and curl whatever mother nature bestowed upon you.
FOR SUPER CURL
- Dior Diorshow Iconic Overcurl Mascara* The curved wand mimics the shape of your lash-line perfectly, replacing the function of an eyelash curler.
FOR MEGA THICKNESS
2. La Roche Posay Respectissime Volume Mascara* Layers so well, without clumpiness delivering great density and thickness stroke after stroke.
FOR ENDLESS LENGTH
3. Lancôme Définicils Mascara* If you want long, separated insanely lashy lashes that never goes crunchy or flaky.
FOR LOW KEY LASHES
4. Estée Lauder Little Black Primer* The slim angled brush distributes an even coat of pigment, for a natural “your-lashes-but-better” look.
FOR SERIOUS INTENSITY
5. L’Oreal Paris False Lash Superstar X-Fiber in Xtreme Black* A two-step mascara that actually delivers: The black primer preps to make mascara more durable, the wave-shaped topcoat is loaded with fibers for a super-dense effect.